Saturday, December 23, 2006

This evening I got the call I new was coming and thought I was ready for it. I was told that between 4 and 5 pm this evening my Grandfather Roy Bundick passed away in Grass Valley, California he was 84 years old.

My Grandfather made a huge difference in my life. He was not only my Grandfather but he was like a Father to me also. My love for the great outdoors and for photography came from him. I will dedicate my first calendar and book to him and his wonderful wife Joan Bundick. Joan is a incredibly strong woman who has loved my Grandfather for more then 30 years. It is my honor and pleasure to have her as my Step Grandmother.

Grandpa, may you find peace on the other side and enjoy the great vistas that God has created for you to enjoy. I hope to see you on top of Mount Whitney this next year.

I love you and will miss you so much, but I will look for you every time I am out in nature photographing what you taught me to love and care for so long ago.

Love, Karen

No comments: